CPLG expand Peanuts representation

Licensing agency has been appointed the licensing agent for Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang in Greece and Turkey

The newly signed territories expand on CPLG’s existing representation of the Peanuts brand in the UK, France, Spain, Portugal and the Middle East.

CPLG will oversee Peanuts’ licensing presence in these territories across a range of consumer products, including apparel, toys, food & beverage and publishing. Both CPLG and Peanuts Worldwide are subsidiaries of DHX Media.

Steve Manners, EVP of CPLG, stated: “We have had a fantastic reaction from licensees and retailers since taking on the brand in the UK and France at the start of the year, and we are delighted to be adding further territories to our Peanuts representation. Greece and Turkey are currently two markets with significant growth potential for Peanuts, and we are working closely with Peanuts Worldwide and Charles M. Schulz Creative to expand the brand into these new territories.”

Tara Botwick, Senior Director, International Territory Management for EMEA, Peanuts Worldwide, added: “As Peanuts continues to expand its global presence, it makes strategic sense to work in tandem with our sibling company, CPLG. There is a great opportunity for growth in Greece and Turkey and we are confident in CPLG’s ability to maximize these markets.”

CPLG has a long history with Peanuts, having represented the brand for over 18 years in Spain and Portugal. The company has built a strong licensing programme across global fashion DTRs, apparel, accessories, homewares and publishing. Since assuming representation of Peanuts in the UK and France in January 2018, CPLG has seen huge excitement from new licensees and retailers alike. The company expects to announce a number of new licensees in the coming weeks to expand the brand further into homewares, gifting and FMCG categories.

Charles Schulz first introduced the world to the Peanuts characters in 1950, when the Peanuts comic strip debuted in seven newspapers. In the nearly seven decades since, Peanuts has become a global phenomenon with a robust licensing program around the world. Last year, the brand found a new home at DHX Media, which now owns 80% of the Peanuts Worldwide business, with the family of Charles Schulz retaining the remaining 20%.

Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get a preview of licensing news and to stay updated on the international initiatives of Licensing International.
Privacy Policy and Newsletter Policy