2019 International Licensing Awards: the Winners!
Licensing International has announced its winners of the 2019 International Licensing Awards which took place during Licensing Expo at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
For the first time ever, submission and judging of the International Licensing Awards took place fully online, resulting in a more internationally diverse group of nominees and winners than ever before. More than 600 entries were judged by 150 executives in 18 countries.
“2018 was an incredible year for our industry, which is reflected in this slate of winners and honorees,” says Maura Regan, president, Licensing International. “It’s been particularly satisfying to see the increasingly international nature of the licensing business reflected throughout the entire awards process. Congratulations to the winners, who showcase the creativity and innovation that makes our global industry tick.”
In addition to the awards presentation, Pam Lifford, president, Warner Bros. Global Brands & Experiences, and Michael Stone, chairman and co-founder, Beanstalk, were honored as the latest inductees into the Licensing Industry Hall of Fame for their lifetime of achievements.
Eight up-and-coming licensing professionals were also named as Risings Stars in the industry including Barbara Adu of PEZ Candy; Sophie Booth of Brandgenuity; Nemo Bussu of KIDdesigns; Hélène El Arouni of TF1 Entertainment/Licenses; Pablo Franco of International Management Group; Sophia Hunter of Pocket.watch; Mireille Maragakis of KMPG and Kalle Törmä of Flowhaven.
2019 International Licensing Awards winners:
BEST LICENSED PRODUCTS
- APPAREL / FOOTWEAR / ACCESSORIES – Spirit Halloween for the Fortnite costumes and accessories range
- APPLIANCE / AUTOMOTIVE / HOUSEWARES / ELECTRONICS – Ion Audio for the Ford Mustang LP record player
- TOYS / GAMES / NOVELTIES FOR AGES 0-12 – (Tie) Lego for the Harry Potter range ANDJazwares for the Fortnite Llama Loot Piñata
- APPS / SOFTWARE / VIDEO GAMES – Kano for the Harry Potter Coding Kit
- FOOD / BEVERAGE – The Ruprecht Company for the Tony Roma’s range
- HEALTH & BEAUTY AIDS – ASOS/CREA Cosmetics for the Crayola Beauty Range
- HOME DÉCOR – Crate & Kids for the Sesame Street furniture and décor range
- PUBLISHING / BACK-TO-SCHOOL – Moleskine for Super Mario notebook and stationary range
- TOYS / GAMES / NOVELTIES FOR AGES 13+ – Hasbro for Fortnite Monopoly
BEST LICENSED BRAND
- ART / DESIGN / CELEBRITY / FASHION BRAND – The Very Hungry Caterpillar / World of Eric Carle by Eric Carle Studio, LLC & The Joester Loria Group
- DIGITAL / APP / VIDEO GAME BRAND – Fortnite by Epic Games
- CORPORATE BRAND – The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. by The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- ENTERTAINMENT / CHARACTER BRAND: ANIMATED – L.O.L. Surprise! by MGA Entertainment
- ENTERTAINMENT / CHARACTER BRAND: LIVE-ACTION – Harry Potter by Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- FOOD / BEVERAGE / RESTAURANT BRAND – Hershey’s Reese’s by The Hershey Company
- SPORTS / COLLEGIATE BRAND – NFLPA by NFLPA
- BEST LICENSED PROMOTION – Home Alone Again by 20th Century Fox / Google Assistant
- BEST LICENSED COLLABORATION – The Peanuts Global Artist Collective by Peanuts Worldwide
- BEST EXPERIENTIAL OR LOCATION-BASED INITIATIVE – Camp Master Chef by Cerdanya / Endemol Shine North America
- BEST RETAILER FOR A CHARACTER / ENTERTAINMENT INITIATIVE – Galéries Lafayette for Wizarding World
- BEST RETAILER FOR A CORPORATE / LIFESTYLE/ SPORTS INITIATIVE – Forever 21 for Coca Cola
- THE NEWCOMER AWARD – Fortnite by Epic Games
- COMMUNITY CHOICE AWARD – Funko for Warhammer 40,000 figurines