Hello Kitty joins Elephant Parade to paint brighter future for elephant
In a deal brokered by J&M Brands, Sanrio, the name behind international icon Hello Kitty, has joined forces with Elephant Parade to create the first-ever collaborative art piece – a stunning 1.5 metre baby elephant statue with a sitting Hello Kitty on top.
Elephant Parade warmheartedly welcomes Hello Kitty and her delightful siblings to join the Elephant Parade’s family of over 1,500 elephant designs to raise awareness and funds for elephant conservation. Both organisations share a desire to create a happier world, encapsulated by Sanrio’s mission: “Small Gift, Big Smile”.
In addition to the life-size art piece, an adorable range of elephant replicas will be produced to celebrate the partnership. The miniature collection consists of 10 new designs for sale with 20% of Elephant Parade’s net profit going toward vital elephant conservation projects run by their charity partner, Elephant Family.
The new replica designs include:
- Hello Kitty Sitting – features Hello Kitty in pink perfection. Available in 10cm, 30cm and 75cm.
- Hello Kitty Sitting Bow Blue and Hello Kitty Sitting Bow Lemon – features Hello Kitty sitting on top of an elephant adorned with her signature red bows in 3D on pop block blue and yellow backgrounds. Available in 10cm, 30cm and 75cm.
- Hello Kitty Happy Christmas – features a festive kitty and cute stockings with Joey peeping out. Available in 10cm, 15cm, 20cm and 30cm.
- Hello Kitty Pastel Scandinavian – features Hello Kitty with a white base on a soft pastel pantone palate. Available in 10cm, 15cm, 20cm and 30cm.
- Hello Kitty Sketchy Angel – features Hello Kitty with playful attitude. Available in 10cm, 15cm, 20cm and 30cm.
- Hello Kitty Summer Love – features Hello Kitty with Dear Daniel having fun at the seaside. Available in 10cm, 15cm, 20cm and 30cm.
- Hello Kitty Multipack – features three collectables; Hello Kitty and Mimmy on pink, Hello Kitty with flowers and Hello Kitty on yellow. All available in 7cm.
The Hello Kitty <3 Elephant Parade premiere collection was launched on 4th December 2017 in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Moris Calasso, Licensing Director from Sanrio said: “Elephants are magical creatures and deserve a secure future in our world. Through Hello Kitty’s worldwide appeal, we hope to inspire her supporters to learn more about the plight of the endangered Asian elephant and to introduce a new generation of people to join the movement to support elephant conservation. After all, as Hello Kitty says, “you can never have too many friends!”
Mike Spits, Elephant Parade Founder added: The new Hello Kitty range is a stunning example of the merging of two inspirational stories. Hello Kitty, beloved by artists and supporters and Mosha, the inspiration of Elephant Parade, a little baby elephant who only had three legs. Elephant Parade have a very important message to tell of the need for elephant conservation and it’s wonderful that with Hello Kitty, together we can carry the conservation message to a wider audience. Cutting edge designs and creative ideas have powered our expositions and also been the backbone of our replica range that allows millions of people to take a symbol of the elephant Parade phenomenon into their homes.